TIDES Incubation Centre
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
TIDES Business Incubator admission is open to ventures with one of the co-founders from following:
- Registered Student of IITR.
- Current faculty members of IITR.
- Alumi of IITR.
The Applicants must provide the required details and proposal for making an admission in the TIDES Centre. Applications for admission to TIDES Centre will be made in the name of registered (unlisted) companies within the meaning of the Companies Act, 1956 and 2013. If a company has not been registered, an application may be made in the names of all promoters/founders; however, the promoters/ founders must ensure that the company is registered within a period of three months from the date of approval of the application for admission in TIDES Centre.
Upon admission to TIDES, the following infrastructural facilities will be offered to the incubatee companies on an individual/shared basis:
- Office space: Company specific (up to 6 to 8 people team)
- Internet connection
- Standard Office Furniture
- Uninterrupted Power supply
- Teleconferencing facilities
- Meeting/Conference room with projection equipment
- Access to various laboratory and other facilities of the institute at nominal fee
- Pantry facilities
- Common secretarial pool/staff (depending on availability of such staff with TIDES Centre)
- Business plan assistance and guidance.
- Seed fund support (case-to-case basis).
- Mentoring support: technology and business.
- Access to professionals with legal, financial, accounting, IP, and industry expertise.
- Showcasing events for exhibition of products and solutions.
- Networking events to facilitate interaction with investors and industries.
- Training programmes and seminars relevant to entrepreneurs.
The applicant submits business plan for admission in TIDES Centre from link below (Apply).
Business plan screening by expert committee for technical, business and financial aspects. TIDES Centre.
If one or more team members is faculty member from IIT Roorkee, he or she needs to obtain permission from the office of Dean SRIC (R&D) to be part of the venture.
For the ventures wanting to use technology, Intellectual Property (IP) or know-how belonging to or developed in IIT Roorkee, the applicant shall first approach IITR for transfer of/licensing of/permission to use IP in favour of prospective incubatees companies as per institute IPR and faculty incubation policies. They will initiate a letter to Dean SRIC, IIT Roorkee requesting the transfer of IITR IP in favour of a start-up company in the TIDES Centre intended to be promoted/supported by the inventor.
On approval for admission in the TIDES Business Incubator, IIT Roorkee will transfer/license IITR IP in favour of the incubatee company promoted/ supported by the inventor
If the applicant is not a registered company, the applicant will have to register a company within a period of three months from the date of approval for admission in the Business Incubator.
After due diligence incubatee company will enter into necessary agreements for incubation at TIDES Business Incubator.